17 December 2009

ALLEZ LES BLEUS















Ready to pick up today and heading back East to one of my favorite clients and friends is this biblio cabinet. It was conceived as a fresh upstart cousin to a piece that I made almost twenty years ago. They will join ranks in a house that I designed that is just being finished (hopefully a post for another day). Inlaid with bone, ebony and lead, and gilt French oak, with waxed steel pulls. Thank you Glenn and Linda for your patronage and friendship.

3 comments:

  1. oooh that blue is so beautiful. And could the paint weathering be any nicer? I think not...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel it's beautiful! such a gorgeous color and the design is so clean and functional....love it!

    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dan,
    My eyes flew open with surprise at the cabinet. I have never seen you use so much color, it is wonderful. I wonder where this will lead you?
    Oh, just too exciting.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete